Having a tight vagina is something most of us rarely think about – until something happens that makes us think about it! Perhaps we start to experience urinary incontinence after childbirth, or sex starts to feel different and less enjoyable. Our partners might even bring it up. Often, we may feel frustrated, embarrassed, or limited by these issues, and may be at a loss for how to deal with them. This is where kegel and Ben-Wa balls come into play, two of the most popular workout equipment for women.
When we talk about vaginal tightening, what we’re really talking about is the strength and fitness of the the puboococcygeus (PC) muscle. Physical trauma, like childbirth or vaginal surgery can affect the tone of the PC muscle, as can hormonal fluctuations, such as those brought on by the natural aging process. The good news is that these muscles are under voluntary control, and much like your arms or abs, can be strengthened by good old fashioned exercise.
You may have already heard of kegels. This is the voluntary contraction and release of the PC muscle. Kegels alone can help to strengthen the PC muscle. However, if you want faster and better results, or need more of a PC workout, this is where kegel balls come in!
What are Kegel Balls?
Kegel balls go by many names, are used all over the world, and have been around for centuries. They come in various sizes, weights, and materials. Most often they are made of surgical-grade metal, glass, or silicone, and are marble-sized or a little bigger. Some of the more common names for it are; kegel weights, Ben Wa, vaginal beads, etc. You get the point, they are all kind of the same.
Kegel exercise balls are inserted into the vagina, and held in place by the contracting the PC muscle. Using these tools strengthens the muscles of the vagina and pelvic floor. These products can even have the added benefit of increasing sexual stimulation or making orgasms stronger and more intense. Thank your newly strengthened PC muscles!
Are Kegel Balls the Same as Ben Wa Balls?
While kiegel balls and ben-wa beads are very similar, they are not the same. They both just look like eggs.
Ben-Wa balls are hollow and may have a smaller one inside. With movement, the innermost beads rolls around. This motion, while subtle, stimulates the wearer, and causes her to contract her PC muscles even more. This may offer the added benefit of increased sexual stimulation while using the Ben-Wa balls, and stronger orgasms over time.
Some Ben-Wa balls come on a string. This may provide another avenue for strengthening if you pull the string gently and use your PC muscles to keep the weight inside: a new version of tug-of-war.
If all of this sounds exciting, overwhelming, or just plain weird, don’t worry! We have step-by-step instructions below on how to use a kegel ball.
How to Use Kegel Balls:
Now that we all know how effective these products can be, let’s get into topic of “how to use kegel balls“. In this section, we will discuss how to use these Ben Wa weights to increase the tone of your vaginal muscles because if done properly, you can get your tightness back in no time. Let’s get into the “how-to’s” of using this:
- Isolate your puboococcygeus (PC) muscle. This is a hammock shaped muscle that stretches from the pubic bone to the tail bone. The best way to find this muscle is to imagine that you are trying to stop your urine flow midstream, or actually try to do that! This is the muscle that keagle balls will work, and it helps to get familiar with it before you start.
- Insert the kegel balls. Feel free to use lubricant if you want. To insert them, use whatever position feels comfortable: sit, lie down, stand or squat- no wrong answers here! When you insert the beads, stop when they are completely in. It’s not necessary to push them all the way to the back of the vagina or to bump the cervix (ouch!). Close your legs to help keep them in place. Some women find that gentle motion, such as rocking the pelvis back and forth, helps them find a comfortable position for the tightening tools.
- First, focus on squeezing the kegal ball with your PC muscles for a few seconds and then releasing. Ten repetitions, three times per day is a good target to aim for.
- Once you are accustomed to this exercise, try standing. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and contract your PC muscles around the kegel egg. If you stop contracting, the weights will fall out. Once you get comfortable with this exercise, you can gradually increase the amount of time you do this exercise.
- You may also like to try squatting and holding the kegle balls in place with your PC muscles. This position combines the benefits of sitting and standing. The deeper the squat, the more challenging the exercise!
- You may even want to try to complete some of your daily activities with the kegel exercise ball in place. This is varsity level kegel-ing!
- To remove the kegal weights, simply use a sweeping motion with your finger. You may also try coughing or jumping to push them out.
- When you are finished with the kegel balls, always rinse them well with warm water and mild, unscented soap.
*Please consult your doctor if you have recently given birth or had vaginal surgery before beginning the use of kegel balls.
How Do These Help Tighten the Vagina?
Much like adding weights to your reps at the gym, adding a kegel ball into your routine will help strengthen and tone the vagina and pelvic floor even more than kegals alone. When the PC muscle is “in shape” issues like urinary incontinence or decreased sexual satisfaction may disappear, and the vagina will feel rejuvenated and tighter. These kegel ball exercises are made to help women of any age, strengthen their core and PC muscles that contribute in the firmness of their vagina.
Of course, there are many natural remedies you can use to speed up the process, and make the results last longer over time. You can learn more about at-home DIY remedies for tightening your vagina by visiting our homepage.
To find out more about kegel balls and other natural ways to get a tighter vagina, you can simply go to our other page about exercises.
So, What Should You Do?
I would definitely recommend using these tools to get your body’s tightness back. They have been tested throughout time and they really do work in bringing back your lost youth. This is especially true when you combine these kegel exercise balls with the very popular topical gels which help to tighten your vagina, which we have also reviewed on this website. And, if you are interested in learning more about it, you can go to the sidebar and it will take you to that page. This concludes our discussion about kegel (Ben Wa) balls. Ciao for now!